Munich Risk and Insurance Center (MRIC)
The Munich Risk and Insurance Center (MRIC) was founded on February 3rd 2010 to support further research activities in the field of risk management and insurance. The Center will provide a joint roof for several insurance scientists working in Munich with well established networks all over the world. The MRIC aims to bundle these competences and make Munich globally visible as an important insurance research and teaching location and provide infrastructure for an active exchange between theory and practice.
The MRIC is part of the Munich School of Management but seeks to be interdisciplinary in its activities. The main goals of the MRIC are:
- intensifying the interdisciplinary and international focus of research and teaching,
- promotion of young academics,
- active exchange with MRIC Visiting Fellows,
- promotion of and service for insurance students: exchange programs, events for students to meet industry representatives, and job-placement,
- executive education, such as via the Executive Master of Insurance (E.M. Insurance),
- creating a platform for scientific exchange.
The MRIC is financially supported by
- the Munich insurance industry,
- the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet Munich,
- the Munich School of Management,
- the Bavarian State Ministry of Sciences, Research and the Arts,
- the participating institutes.
Here you find more informationen on the Munich Risk and Insurance Center.